Tug Wilson is an American actor.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Singing
- 3 Gallery
Born in Philadelphia, Wilson graduated at the University of Houston and spent a year as a cast member at Six Flags amusement park before beginning his career as a musical theatre performer.
Though an incredibly prolific musical performer, Wilson later turned his attentions to writing, creating several successful revues including No String Attached, as well as working as a pianist. After a near death experience in 2013, he became a vocal, music and songwriting coach.
Wilson began his musical career with the group "Theatre Under the Stars" appearing in the ensemble of Fiddler on the Roof. This was followed by a number of ensemble appearances, though he also played Dick Powell in Dames at Sea and Doody in Grease. In 1981 he played Peter in Jesus Christ Superstar.
Wilson subsequently focused on songwriting and cabaret, though he also originated the role of Lord Savage in Jekyll & Hyde at the Alley Theatre, before appearing in a second Frank Wildhorn production, Svengali.
Fiddler on the Roof (1978)
Dames at Sea (1979)
- It's You (duet)
- Broadway Baby (solo)
- There's Something About You (duet)
- Let's Have a Simple Wedding
- Summer Nights (contains solo lines)
- Those Magic Changes
- Greased Lightnin'
- We Go Together
- Shakin' At the High School Hop
- Shakin' At the High School Hop (reprise)
- Alone at a Drive-in Movie
- Rock 'N' Roll Party Queen (duet)
The Music Man (1979)
Jesus Christ Superstar (1981)
- What's the Buzz/Strange Thing Mystifying
- Everything's Alright
- The Last Supper
- The Arrest
- Peter's Denial (contains solo lines)
- Could We Start Again Please? (contains solo lines)
- Donna (contains solo lines)
- I'm Black/Coloured Spade (contains solo lines)
- Going Down (duet)
- Hair (contains solo lines)
- Don't Put It Down (contains solo lines)
Jekyll & Hyde (1990)
- Bitch, Bitch, Bitch (contains solo lines)
- The Board of Governors