Maxwell Caulfield is an English actor.
Born Maxwell Newby in Belper, Derbyshire, he made his film debut in 1967 aged seven before becoming a theatrical actor, appearing in productions of The Elephant Man, An Inspector Calls and as the titular lead in Entertaining Mr. Sloane, for which he was widely acclaimed.
In the 1980s he returned to the screen with film roles in The Boys Next Door, Gettysburg and Submerged as well as the television series' Dynasty, Casualty and Emmerdale. Caulfield worked as a voice actor in cartoons and video games, portraying Alastair Smythe in Spider-Man and James Bond in 007: Nightfire.
Caulfield played the male lead Michael Carrington in Grease 2 and Rex Manning in Empire Records, two roles which required him to sing. He also appeared as Billy Flynn in Chicago, Count Carl-Magnus Malcolm in A Little Night Music and The Criminologist in The Rocky Horror Show.
Grease 2 (1982)
- Who's That Guy? (contains solo lines)
- (Love Will) Turn Back the Hands of Time (duet)
- Charades (solo)
- We'll Be Together (contains solo lines)
Empire Records (1995)
- Say No More (Mon Amore)(solo)
- All I Care About (contains solo lines)
- We Both Reached for the Gun (contains solo lines)
- Razzle Dazzle (contains solo lines)
A Little Night Music (2008)
- A Weekend in the Country (contains solo lines)
- In Praise of Women (solo)
- It Would Have Been Wonderful (duet)
The Rocky Horror Show (2010)
- The Time Warp (recitative)
- Eddie's Teddy (contains solo lines)
- Super Heroes (recitative)