Ian Calvin was an English actor.
Born Ian Wilson, he was predominantly a stage actor, and appeared in a number of musical productions.
Ian has worked in the West End as well as around the UK, including Swansea Grand Theatre, Southend, Southsea, and Eastbourne (his hometown) at The Royal Hippodrome, Winter Gardens, The Congress and Devonshire Park Theatre.
- He worked with Michelle Le Grande on Peau D'Ane (Donkey Skin) in France
- In the summer of 1978 Ian was performing in Margate and had just returned from a caberet tour of Scandinavia
- Ian performed in Oliver! And toured in Japan.
- Ian had parts in TV series Elizabeth R, Henry 8th, Doctor in the house and Rising Stars
- He performed with Andre Previn and the London Symphony Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall, London - Shostaskovich
- Other performances include the Dancing Years, Perchance to Dream, An Enchanted Evening, Fol-de-Rols, Showboat
- Three World cruises on SS Canberra
- Member of The Cliff Adams Singers
- Today and Tomorrow, Christmas Carol, Wonderful world of the musical, Calvacade of Song, and a Revue at The Mayfair London.
- Sound recording Charlie's Girl
- Sound recording Les Misérables
Calvin originated the role of Babet in the London cast of Les Misérables, where he also portrayed a Constable and a Traveller.
Charlie Girl (1965)
Les Misérables (1985)
Babet (originated the role)
- The Robbery (contains solo lines)
- Attack on the Rue Plumet (contains solo lines)
Constable (originated the role)
- Valjean Arrested/Valjean Forgiven (contains solo lines)
- Master of the House