Calvin Remsberg is an American actor and director.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Singing
- 2.1 Film
- 2.2 Television
- 2.3 On-stage
- 3 Gallery
Beginning his career as an opera singer before moving on to straight musicals, Remsberg later became a director, notably directing four productions of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Many of the shows he directed were ones he had previously starred in.
Remsberg also directed, co-produced and helped finance the show F*cking Men. He has made numerous television appearances in various series such as The X-Files and films such as Pretty Woman, which was his motion picture debut.
Remsberg trained to be an opera singer, but ultimately became a musical theatre actor, gaining the role of the Beadle in Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street when his friend Jack Eric Williams (who originated the role) did not feel up to a touring production.
He made a singing guest appearance in the sitcom Cheers and originated the role of the Mayor in The Griffin and the Minor Canon. Remsberg was also praised for his later comic roles as the Padre in Man of La Mancha and the greedy Beadle Bumble in Oliver!. He would also lend his voice to Shrek, playing one of Robin Hood's singing, dancing merry men.
Shrek/Shrek Dance Party (2001)
- Monsieur Hood
- Dance to the Music
- Kindertotenlieder (solo)
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (video) (1982)
- Ladies in Their Sensitivities/Kiss Me (contains solo lines)
- Parlor Songs (contains solo lines)
- The Ballad of Sweeney Todd (reprise 7)
- Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats (contains solo lines)
- Old Deuteronomy (contains solo lines)
- The Song of the Jellicles (contains solo lines)
- The Moments of Happiness (duet)
- The Addressing of Cats (contains solo lines)
The Phantom of the Opera
- Notes/Prima Donna (contains solo lines)
- Masquerade/Why So Silent (contains solo lines)
- Notes II (contains solo lines)
- We Have All Been Blind/Twisted Every Way (contains solo lines)
The Pirates of Penzance
The Griffin and the Minor Canon (originated the role)
Man of La Mancha (1995)
- I'm Only Thinking of Him (contains solo lines)
- We're Only Thinking of Him (contains solo lines)
- To Each His Dulcinea (solo)
- Psalm (solo)
- Oliver! (contains solo lines)
- Boy For Sale (solo)
- That's Your Funeral (contains solo lines)
- Oliver! (reprise) (duet)